- LifeLine Western Cape is an organisation of well trained and carefully selected lay counsellors who genuinely care for and provide support to callers and clients facing a crisis in their lives.
- The role of LifeLine Western Cape is to create a safe space for people to share what is happening in their lives.
- We believe that it is every person’s right to be treated with dignity and respect. People should be allowed to speak out when their needs are ignored or not met. We recognise that many people do not enjoy these basic rights and we listen to the call of those who turn to us for comfort and support.
- We believe that all counselling and services offered should non-judgemental, empathic, caring and non-directive. Our aim is to enable our callers and clients to empower themselves and find lasting solutions to the problems they face. It is not our policy to impose the personal beliefs or convictions of the counsellors on callers and clients.
- We believe in service to the community. We provide the facilities for people to train as LifeLine counsellors and offer them a wide variety of options to use their training to promote the well-being of our community.
- We believe that the relationship that we have with ourselves creates the depth and quality of our interaction with others. Learning to accept, care for and develop that which lies within us results in continually improving communication with others.
- We believe that the way in which we function in everyday life is to a large extent dependent on the quality of our relationships, be they family, social, business or community. We promote the process of self awareness and learning so that each person can empower his or her own human potential.
- We are aware of the diverse social and cultural environment of the Western Cape and seek to meet the needs of all members of our community with compassion and a high degree of professionalism.